Monday, October 08, 2001

So, the U.S. and Britain launched attacks on Afghanistan yesterday. Their proposed target is the Taliban. And Osama bin Laden, of course.

I have never felt so torn about things. On one hand, I believe we need to take some action against extremists. And that only decisive, military actions will do.

On the other hand, I doubt that violence as a response to violence is going to solve anything. That this will simply escalate the violence.

And it's made me even more fearful. And I truly, truly dislike feeling this way. I hate being afraid to get on the bus and train and come into DC to work.

It's very strange being here today. This is an optional holiday for my company, so about half of the company isn't in the office today. That includes the 3 other people in my immediate workgroup. I'm the only one here. So it's strangely quiet, and I'm feeling pretty isolated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home